Wow. It has been quite an amazing month and the December issue of Raging Chicken Press reflects the kind of month it has been. It’s also pretty clear that we are already bursting at the seams, ready to expand our site into new areas. I am going to spare you my end of year reflections until next week sometime. Suffice it to say that we’ve got big plans for 2012!
Here’s a breakdown of the December issue:
- Kevin Mahoney | Raging Chicken Press Interview with Noam Chomsky (yes, that Noam Chomsky)
- Wendy Lee | “Fracking is a Variety of Environmental Rape Abetted by the Law: Governor Corbett’s Pennsylvania, Inc.”
- Dustin Slaughter | “Occupy 2.0: ‘Defending the Everyday Aims of Life’ While Persisting in a Police State”
- Rick Smith Files | “Privatization in Three Parts” (Featuring interviews with labor attorney, Irwin Aronson; State Rep. Scott Conklin; and Marcie Boyer, nurse and member of SEIU District 1199P in PA in State Prison system)
- Sean Kitchen | “Battlefield USA: From Occupy Wall Street to Guantanamo Bay”
- Kati Sipp | “Some Thoughts on Getting Arrested…”
- Aaron Barlow | “Diane Ravitch on the Failure of High Stakes Testing in Two Parts”
- Sean Kitchen | “The Free University: Brought to You by Occupy Kutztown”
- Caitlin Turner | “Occupy Everything”
- Lee Camp | “You Can’t Pepper Spray a Mental Awakening”
- Lee Camp | “Is Occupy Wall Street Having an Effect?”
- “Rob” | “Sean Hannity Show: #OWS are ‘Morons, Idiots, Stupid'”
As you can see, it’s quite an issue. A great way to close out 2011. Raging Chicken Press will be taking a little break over the holidays. Our next issue will be published the first week of February. While we will not be publishing a full issue until then, I will be using the opportunity to fill you in on our plans for 2012.
One reminder: it’s still possible to be eligible to be selected from our subscriber list to receive this months “Must Read.” This month’s book takes its inspiration from our Chomsky interview: Noam Chomsky’s, Profit Over People: Neoliberalism and Global Order as well as Hopes and Prospects (that’s right, another double give-away). To be eligible, all you need to do is enter your email address in the subscription box on the right-hand side of our main page and click “Subscribe” by Monday, December 19th. That’s it and it’s free. I’ll announce our lucky subscriber next week.
That’s it for now. Hope you dig the issue!
Editor Zero, Kevin Mahoney