On June 25, 2011, Ithaca College with host the EPIC (Economy+Environment: Protection is Critical) ALL FRACKED UP! event. The event will be a combination rally and informational meeting featuring 45 speakers, 6 movies, and 10 musicians. EPIC All Fracked Up! will start at 8am and run all the way to 11pm. This promises to be a crucial moment in the struggle to protect our water, our farms, our families, and our future.
Here’s a description from the All Fracked Up! web page:
Announcing what is aiming to be the biggest no-frack event in history:
- Connect with others regarding ongoing issues and outrage surrounding hydrofracking.
- Experience the rare opportunity to listen to many well-known speakers in one venue — representing science, economics, health, legal opinion, and citizens with first-hand experience with fracking.
- Movies — Screen cutting-edge documentary films by independent filmmakers.
- Music — Hear live music with a message.
- Learn what you can do to be involved and protect your wealth, health and welfare.
If you are planning on attending this event, let Raging Chicken Press know: firstname.lastname@example.org! We’d love to get reports, photos, and videos from people on the ground. If you can’t be there, consider printing out THIS POSTER and spreading the work in your communities.