ENTRIES DUE: APRIL 6, 2013
FINALIST SCREENING AND AWARDS SHOW: APRIL 20, 2013
Time and location to be announced.
Rules and how to enter are below
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED FOR:
- The Celeste S. Behrend Jury Award
- The Karen S. Peterson Audience Selection Award
CALL FOR ENTRIES
ENTRIES DUE APRIL 6, 2013.
It could be about civil liberties under siege, checking the power of corporations, LGBT rights, global climate change, Marcellus Shale gas drilling, a parody of certain news hosts, or opportunities for minorities (race, ethnicity, ways of thinking, etc.) and women in politics, whatever YOU get fired up about and want other people to, too.
We have prize money to award! There’s no fee to enter. ENTRIES ARE DUE APRIL 6, 2013
BASIC RULES ARE:
- Enter by April 6 – an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or comment on the Progressive Visions Facebook Page with a link to your entry on a video sharing site suffices as intent to enter. Click here for our Facebook Page
- Entry is acknowledged when YouTube or other video sharing link is sent or digital copy is physically submitted.
- Previous work is acceptable, although relevance to current events is important.
- Maximum length is 15 minutes.
- Two awards: Juries Award and Audience Selection Award.
- The Judges’ decision is final.
- The winner of each of these awards will receive $300 from the 14th Ward Independent Democratic Club.
- Criteria are (loosely-these are guidelines): relevance to current compelling issues, impact of the video’s message, creativity in making your point. Technical considerations are not primary. Fully protected by the First Amendment!
Entries will of course remain the intellectual property of the contestant, but the PGH 14WIDC requests permission to screen them with attribution or link to them from its web site, etc.
Terri Klein & Ron Gaydos Event Co-Chairs
ABOUT THE PITTSBURGH 14th WARD INDEPENDENT DEMOCRATIC CLUB: The Club is the oldest continuously-operating independent Democratic club in the country.
Our members are registered Democratic Party members in Pittsburgh’s 14th Ward (Squirrel Hill, Point Breeze, and North Point Breeze) who believe in progressive, traditional Democratic Party ideals. Many of its members come from activist backgrounds and have worked for peace, justice, economic equity, civil rights, equal rights for minorities and women, and other issues.
Although members are all Democrats, the club is not a part of the official Democratic Party. More information is available at www.pgh14widc.org.
Each Spring, before the Primary Election, the Club has an endorsement meeting during which members evaluate the candidates and vote to endorse for the upcoming Democratic Primary. Our endorsements are printed in a Voters Guide which is mailed to all registered Democrats in the Ward. We believe our reputation for an open process of allowing our members to hear the candidates and vote for those that match their values gives our endorsements credibility in the community. The Club’s endorsement has helped candidates to receive a larger number of votes than they would have received without our endorsement.
The Club holds an annual fundraiser – previous events have featured Andy Borowitz (The Borowitz Report), Dan Perkins (Tom Tomorrow of the comic This Modern World), Asif Manvi of The Daily Show, and the edgy Squonk Opera. We hope to feature YOU this year!