MEDIA ADVISORY FOR TUES. JANUARY 20 from Delaware Riverkeeper Network
WHAT: The new statewide coalition Pennsylvanians Against Fracking will be joined by leading advocates and experts, including Gasland Director Josh Fox, for a press conference at Harrisburg’s Grace United Methodist Church. The press conference precedes the coalition’s march and rally at Wolf’s inauguration ceremony, with hundreds of Pennsylvanians from around the state gathering to pressure Governor Tom Wolf to halt new fracking. Attendees will march from the press conference site at Grace United Methodist Church to Soldiers’ Grove, just outside the inauguration site.
These public health and environmental experts, backed by hundreds of concerned Pa. residents, will be demanding that Gov. Wolf fulfill his promise to protect the environment and call on him to the address the widespread public health effects of fracking throughout the state by stopping fracking.
WHEN: 10am, Tuesday January 20, 2015
- Raina Ripple, Director, Southwest Pennsylvania Environmental Health Project
- Maya Van Rossum, the Delaware Riverkeeper, Delaware Riverkeeper Network
- Josh Fox, Director of Gasland and Gasland Part II
- Wes Gillingham, Program Director, Catskill Mountainkeeper
- Karen Feridun, Founder, Berks Gas Truth
- Sam Bernhardt, Senior Pennsylvania Organizer, Food & Water Watch
WHERE: Grace United Methodist Church, 216 State Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101
- Tracy Carluccio, Delaware Riverkeeper Network, 215-692-2329 2329, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sam Bernhardt, Food and Water Watch, 267-428-1903, email@example.com
- Karen Feridun, Berks Gas Truth, 610-678-7726, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pennsylvanians Against Fracking is a statewide coalition of groups representing a diversity of issues, backgrounds, and locations, united in the mission of achieving a ban on fracking in the Commonwealth