Editor’s Note: Raging Chicken Press will be at PA Progressive Summit this year. Will you? Look for a Raging Chicken Press meet up, Friday, February 6th. Location TBA.
NEWS RELEASE SOURCE: Keystone Progress
We are thrilled to announce that Cecile Richards is joining our already stellar lineup of speakers at the Pennsylvania Progressive Summit. She will be the keynote at the Friday night session starting at 6:00 PM, February 6 at the Hilton Harrisburg.
Cecile is president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America and Planned Parenthood Action Fund, national organizations that work for a healthier world for women and teens. More than 700 Planned Parenthood health centers provide health care services to nearly three million people and sex education to more than one million people every year. Since joining Planned Parenthood in 2006, Ms. Richards has expanded its advocacy power and developed a unified national web presence receiving 60 million online visits annually. A frequent commentator on women’s rights, reproductive health, and sex education, she is a contributor to the Huffington Post and serves on the board of the Ford Foundation.
Register Now! There are two ways to register to hear Cecile speak:
- You can register for the entire Summit. This includes all Friday and Saturday sessions (except the Keystone Progress fundraiser), food and beverages on Saturday, registration bag and all materials.
- You can register for the Friday sessions only. This option is only $30!
What else is happening at the Summit?
- Friday morning keynote speaker U.S.Senator Bernie Sanders
- MSNBC’s Krystal Ball and Patrick Murphy will be speaking at lunchtime on Saturday
- Melanie Campbell from the National Coalition on Black Civic Participation
- Katha Pollitt from The Nation
- 44 workshops and panel discussions on organizing skills and in-depth information about issues facing Pennsylvania and the nation
- Other parties and receptions organized by allies
It’s the progressive political event of the year. Don’t miss out. Capacity is limited at the Hilton. Register today.